6 Things I'm looking forward to go through in Groningen!

In expectation of my journey I have thought about the things I’m looking forward to. This is a good way to push the bad thoughts away, about leaving my hometown. The following points gain my anticipation and let me smile every time I think about them. Maybe there are things you would like to test during your next visit in Groningen!

1. The University
Sounds probably a little bit nerdy, but I really, really looking forward to my studies. In 2015 I have graduated from high school, started my on work training which ended in January 2018 and work since then. I liked my training and my work too but I think education is such a privilege and learning new stuff can enjoy you so much if it’s interesting for you. Furthermore the university looks so beautiful and remember me on a boarding school from a series I loved in my childhood.

2. Bike Tours
Fun fact: In Groningen exist more bikes than citizen live. Do you know why? You don’t drive with your car in the city center for shopping or to the university by bus. The most time you ride by bike. But not only in the city you can use the bike in a perfect way – there are anywhere bike stands or parking garages for bike – outside the city in the district of Groningen are many bike tours where you can ride till the see.


3. Social Life
Groningen is a young and busy city. There are a lot of options what to do in your leisure time. From many sports activities to museums to various bars or festivals. For example, during August new students can join different introduction weeks like the KEI-Week (an article will follow), the ESN-Week or the Dies-Week (from the named psychology study association). I’m delighted to check a wide range of these possibility’s out!
4. Cafés
I know cafés are some kind of “social life” but I have to name the lot of small, cozy café I saw on my visits in Groningen. I saw a lot of young people who sit there in a group and talk, learn together or study for themselves. I literally feel the creativity and the wish to sit there if I think about it!


5. Oliebollen
You don’t know what Oliebollen are? I felt the same way until November last year. My father told me about Oliebollen before I had my first trip to Groningen and sweared I would like it. So it was! These Dutch specialties are unhealthy, fat and really, really delicious.  You can eat the “nature” one only with powdered sugar or some with apples inside, with cinnamon or so many more. There are so many different types that I haven’t the time or the stomach volume to try all but these I tried was really tasty.


6. The Mindset
Well, this isn’t only about Groningen per se, but about the Netherlands. My few times I was there I met only friendly, helpful and open minded people. I’m looking forward to live in a city where both people say “excuse me” if one get jostled or where the people hug strangers on New Year and it is totally normal and pleasant!


Do you was in Groningen or in the Netherlands? What point sounds interesting for you?

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tips for buying your study books

A new study blog is born!